End of the world prophecies on or about 2012-DEC-21
Some specific predictions of (mostly)
destructive events sometime in 2012.
None of them actually happened.
Predictions of the world's end sometime in 2012:
- 2012: Patrik Geryl predicted a pole reversal. This is not the reversal of
the Earth's magnetic poles where the North Magnetic Pole relocates to the South
Magnetic Pole. This has happened many times in the past. Geryl is predicting that the North Pole and South Pole
will reverse and cause the Earth to start rotating in the opposite
direction. He does not explain from where the required energy will come. The Earth functions as a gigantic gyroscope.
The energy required to rotate the poles would be immense. There aren't any
levers or forces in the solar system that could produce such a transition.
- 2012: Michael Drosnin, author of "The Bible Code,"
found a hidden message in the Pentateuch (the first five books in the Bible). It predicted that a comet will crash into the earth in 2012 and annihilate
all life. As a minimum, I suspect that at least one species would have survived:
cockroaches. They seem immune to all environmental disasters. If
evolution is true, then we need not worry too
much. As long as some species of life survives, one or more intelligent species will
eventually evolve. They will probably have opposable thumbs, large brains, two
ears and eyes. But they probably would not look much like present-day humans.
- 2012: Kev Peacock predictd that the Sun's magnetic field will
reverse, and induce a reversal of the Earth's magnetic field. This would have caused
massive geothermal and tectonic catastrophes. Something may happen to the
mythical island of Atlantis which many people believe disappeared beneath the
waves many thousands of years ago. Presumably, it will surface.
- 2012: Vijay Kumar predicted that World War III was most likely
to happen around 2012, and that this would have been followed by a permanent state of
spiritual elevation. "Beyond 2012 it shall only be harmony and peace
all over." It will be called "the golden period." However the
transition would result in the deaths of millions of people -- both
innocent and those guilty of crimes. Bhagwan Kalki, a spiritual master
of the highest order, was predicted to deliver humanity from today's ills. 2
- 2012-DEC-09: John Kinyanjui predicted that within 1335 days after that date will: "... bring global earthquake and tsunamis. That interval concluded about mid January in 2013 without any major disturbance. Kinyanjui believed that when the destruction occured, any time after the new moon, then the Serpent would take credit and misguide many into error. The devil knows scripture and believes prophecy. In the years when the 1260 years began their countdown, he believes that the Devil created his own countdown now known to us as the Mayan prophecies. The Lord will be testing us if we know and love the Lord God. The Lord will find the hearts of men deluded and misplaced. In jealous rage, God will cause a terrible destruction against all who are therein deceived." 6
Apparently, although God the Father and Jesus continually promoted forgiveness by humans toward other humans, this behavior does not extend to God.
Predictions of the world's end specifically on 2012-DEC-21:
- Planet X: This was the name given by astronomer Percival Lowell
to a planet that he believed existed beyond the orbit of Neptune. Although
his calculations were off, and the discovery of Pluto accounted for his
observations, some have suggested that a new Planet X -- "...
an unseen object at least as large as Jupiter and possibly a brown dwarf"
3 -- might be disturbing
the orbits of long period comets. Others have speculated that this may be
evidence for a brown dwarf star existing as part of a binary system with our
sun. (Most of the stars in our galaxy are binaries.) They suggest that
interaction between our sun and the brown dwarf may be increasing the
temperature of the sun, generating global warming on Earth, and will cause
an increase in the severity of the next peak in the 11 year sunspot cycle in
the year 2011-2012. These influences may destroy the Earth's magnetic field,
and induce what Emmanuel Velikovsky called a ELE: an Extinction Level Event.
- Terence McKenna: He is webmaster of "The Final Illusion" web
site. He predicts that on 2012 at
"the moment of the [winter] solstice and the heliacal rising of the galactic
center, levels of planetary novelty will exponentially increase."
The results of this "ultranovel event" are difficult to
predict, but may include "Hyperspatial Breakthrough, Planetesimal
Impact, Alien Contact, Historical Metamorphosis,
Metamorphosis of Natural Law, Solar Explosion, Quasar Ignition at the
Galactic Core." Some of these don't sound too healthy for life on
earth. 5 I am personally hoping for the latter,
because it would take about 50 millennia for any effects of that ignition to impact earth -- long
past my life expectancy.
- Email: A visitor to our web site predicts that three days after the
solstice, on DEC-24,
one third of the Oort cloud will rain down on the earth. The Oort cloud is a
massive collection of comets that encircle the solar system beyond the
ex-planet of Pluto.
Devastation would be total. It is unclear why such a large part of the Oort
cloud would suddenly implode and zero in on the Earth's location.
- Email: Another visitor suggests that a new cosmic cycle
will begin after midnight on DEC-24. The sun will collide with another
sun made of antimatter producing a "humungous nuclear explosion"
which will turn every living entity -- from humans to microorganisms on
Earth to ashes or dust. The 4th dimension will be "thrust upon Earth
right after midnight." You might want to make certain that your insurance policies are
paid up to date!
- Email: Ric Steiner wrote:
"On December 21st, 2012, the ZODIAC will be in perfect alignment for the first time in some 24,000 years.
Those who worship Lucifer and Satan are already anticipating that he will manifest bodily on Planet Earth
on or near that day. Even the top guns of those huge radio and television pulpits now have their sticks
in the pot. 'Maybe,' they say, 'it just might be coincidental with the Second Coming.' So, in toying with
it, they keep it on the back burner or even place it on the top shelf."
- Email: The "Moksha with Kalki" team sent us an Email saying that Kalki has returned as his second incarnation to prepare 144,000 descendents of the original Hindus of ancient India. The latter came with him on his first incarnation. Those of this select group who wish to attain Moksha (release from the endless suffering of being trapped in endless reincarnations) are referred to www.MokshaWithKalki.org website for further instructions. Unfortunately, about 99.998% of the world's population -- those who aren't included in this small group -- were predicted to be exterminated on 2012-DEC-12 when the world is destroyed.
Needless to say, like all previous predictions of the end of the world, none of these ocurred. As I am writing this near the end of 2020-JAN, the world is still functioning.
The following information sources were used to prepare and update the above
essay. The hyperlinks are not necessarily still active today.
- Patrick Geryl, "Pole shift & pole reversal in 2012," at:
- Vijay Kumar, "End of the world 2012," at:
- "Planet X," Wikipedia, at:
- Emmanuel Velikovsky, "Worlds in Collision," (1950). Read
reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com online book store
- Terence McKenna, "The Final Illusion," at
- Email from John Kinyanjui on 2012-NOV-03.
Copyright © 1997 to 2020 by Ontario Consultants on
Latest update: 2020-JAN-29
Author: B.A. Robinson