About this web site:
The group that compiles and maintains this web site is located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, across Lake Ontario from Rochester, NY. However most of the site's content relates to developments in the United States, where most of our visitors live.
We are located in the traditional territory of the Huron-Wendat and Haudenosaunee Native peoples.
The Huron-Wendat are a Native people who speak Iroquoian and occuped the St. Lawrence Valley and estuary to the Great Lakes region in what is now New York State in the U.S., and the provinces of Ontario and Quebec in Canada.
The term "Haudenosaunee" refers to the Iroquois Confederacy comprised of the: Cayuga, Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Seneca and Tuscarora Nations.
Unlike essentially all other religious web sites, we don't promote the beliefs and practices of a single denomination, faith group, or sect within a single religion.
Instead we try to explain the beliefs, practices, moral teachings and histories of a wide range of faith groups. We promote religious tolerance, freedom, understanding, coexistence, respect, and cooperation. We also promote equal rights and treatment of persons of all genders, gender identifications, sexual orientations, races, and nationalities.
Other web sites that discuss religious news generally include only information that has developed in the immediate past -- perhaps during the previous day. This web site often tells complete stories from beginning to end, sometimes covering a few weeks or even years. An example was the story of the 50 murders at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand during 2019-MAR. We covered developments over 17 month's time in five articles. Another was the 2019-APR fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. We consolidated information from over a dozen news articles published during many months into two articles about the tragedy.
According to "The Book Of Odds," the probability that a web site will contain pornography is 1 in 8.3. If you are looking for porn here, you will be disappointed. This web site only has words and the occasional non-pornographic image.
See the list of topics on the right side of this page titled: "ABOUT THIS SITE" for a list of main topics discussed in this web site.
See our list of Recent new/updated essays for articles added in the last few months.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying book purchases that visitors may make from Amazon.
All medical, legal, and other information on this web site is for educational purposes only. For specific information including advice, diagnoses, options, and treatment, see your physician, lawyer or other professional.
Visitors come to this web site from all over the world. So, we had to select a uniform style for dates. We chose a Year-Month-Day sequence, like 2020-DEC-03, which is rarely used elsewhere, but is clear and unambiguous. If we had used a convention like 04-11-20 then some visitors would read this as April 11, 2020 and others would decode it as NOV-04, 2020.
To designate years, rather than use the AD/BC convention which is Christian in origin, we use the newer universal designations:
- CE is equivalent to AD and refers to the "Common Era:" dates that run from 1, when the Jewish prophet, Jesus, was about five years of age, to today and beyond into the future.
- BCE is equivalent to BC. It refers to dates "Before the Common Era." that run before 1 CE.
A sampling of recent new/updated reports:
This should give you an idea of the range of topics that we cover.
- President Trump's activities
- "Nashville Statement" on bisexual, homosexual and transgender persons
- Ozone depletion & the CFC ban
- Baker who won't make a wedding cake; case before U.S. Supreme Court
- About transgender military service members
- Gay marriage legalized in both Austria and Australia.
- Controversy about the use of gender-neutral, personal pronouns
- Former Chief Justice Moore
of Alabama runs for the Senate, and loses
- Essays donated by contributing editor, Susan Humphreys:
- Religion the United Kingdom (UK): Banning Franklin Graham from the UK
- Two examples of the Golden Rule trumping a religious tradition
- Gay marriage in Australia: Part 33: 2017-DEC: The first "intent to marry" forms issued. The first same-sex marriage
- An essay donated by: Gabriel Gherasim: "The Final Solution, or Am I worth living?"
- 2017-DEC: U.S. Supreme Court & the 9th Circuit Court rule on Trump's travel ban
- Life events shared by Yeshua (Jesus) and the "Mythic Hero Archetype"
- "The Christmas Wars / Christmas Dilemma. Part 3"
- Gay marriages in Bermuda Part 1 Part 2: Legalized during 2017.
- Imbolc, a Wiccan and Neopagan seasonal day of celebration a.k.a. Groundhog Day, Snowdrop Festival, etc.
- Christian Humanism: a very liberal faith within Christianity.
- Assessing the will of God through prayer; is it reliable?
- The Presbyterian Church (USA) redefines marriage and gives their clergy the choice whether to solemnize the marriages of same-sex couples.
- Climate Change 2017-OCT to 2018-FEB
- Deism, God, the Big Bang, Matter, & Motion, an essay discussing Deist beliefs and the existence of God, contributed by Contributing Editor Susan Humphreys
- Updating the New Testament, an essay donated by Alton C. Thompson about the Golden Rule.
- Beliefs about God, by Stephen Hawking, an Atheist
- School Shootings, mostly in North America: 2010 until now. Changes after shooting in Parkland, FL
- Beliefs about God, by Stephen Hawking, an Atheist
- Proposal to Create a Life Enhancement Group (LEG), an article donated by Alton C. Thompson
- An Extensive Study of the "Pillars of Practice" in Islam, an essay donated by Professor Hafiz Ikram Ullah
- Mississippi creates law to ban abortions after 15 weeks gestation
- New Years resolutions, donated by Contributing Editor Susan Humphreys
- "People are Naturally Good, But ...:" an essay donated by Alton C. Thompson about selfish and cooperative behavior.
- School Shootings, in North America During 2018-MAR/APR.
Student walkouts. Public reactions.
- About the biblical story of Sodom & Gomorrah: Introduction
This is in response to a new European Union data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which became effective on 2018-MAY-25.
Visitors come to to this web site from around the world:
Most visitors come from the U.S. Many others come from the UK, Canada, Central America, Scandanavian countries, Central Europe, India, etc.
We have never been able to figure out
who the various isolated folks are, who seem to be floating in the southern Pacific Ocean, Indian ocean, near Madagascar, etc.
The entire site is copyrighted © 1995 to 2020 by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance. All rights reserved.
Our U.S. postal address is: OCRT, PO Box 128, Watertown, NY, 13601, USA. Unfortunately, the U.S. - Canadian border -- the longest undefended border in the world -- is now closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since our office is in Canada, we are no longer able to travel to our U.S. post office box. The US Postal Service has closed the PO Box. Anything that you send there will not be read or answered until the border is reopened. However, the Post Office is saving all incoming material for a time when the border is once more open.
We recommend that people use our Canadian postal address:
OCRT, PO Box 22035, RPO Cataraqui, Kingston ON, Canada K7M 8S5. Alternately, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our specific office location is kept confidential because of the hate email and death threats that we receive.
For copyright purposes, this website is registered in Canada as "Religious Tolerance: Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance."
Copyright © 1995 to 2020 by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Author: B.A. Robinson
Latest update: 2020-DEC-03